Thursday, January 20, 2011

Popcorn: Over the Stove

One of our favorite snacks is popcorn.  We have it several times a week.  My air-popper died and I didn't want to buy a new one because I enjoyed the space in my cupboard it left behind.  I remembered that when I was a child we used to make the popcorn over the stove.  I thought I would give it a try--yum!  Sooo good!  And, soo easy.

Here is how to make it:
 
1.  Put a large pot on the stove.  (Get large bowl ready to dump finished popcorn in.)



2.  Add oil to lightly coat bottom of pan.  (I don't measure it.  I did for this post and used 2 tablespoons.)



3.  Add enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer. (I also don't measure this.  I used 1/3 cup for this time.)




4.  Turn stove to medium-high. 


5.  When the popcorn starts to pop, turn the stove off and shake the pan back and forth over the burner until the pops are almost done.  




6.  When the pops are almost done, take off the pan and dump the popcorn into the bowl.  Shake a little salt on if you would like and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment